Laundry Tub Faucet

Old 03-27-01, 05:53 AM
Visiting Guest
Exclamation

Please help!! I am trying to install a laundry tub faucet, a clamp on type, with the pipes coming from up above. I already have the new facuet sitting on the block and the copper pipes have been cut. I know how to solder, that isn't the problem. I just need to know how to join the two when I have to use a male adaptor on the copper pipe and how to know what length to cut the copper pipe to. Cause the male adaptor has to be screwed into the faucet before soldering, evidently. and I'm afraid I'll run out of copper pipe to solder it to. Please tell me which way to go.

Old 03-27-01, 07:58 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I am not sure if I have the exact picture. What I normally do is solder the vertical length of pipe into the male fitting before I attach them to the faucet. The vertical length is determined by the distance from your elbow above to the faucet. Allow for the insertion of the vertical piece into the elbow and the threads into the faucet. Screw the vert. pipe into the faucet and then insert into the elbow and then solder the joint. The flexibility of the copper should make this possible.If you still cannot manage to fit it together then a union, which is a fitting that is screwed together with zero clearance, is what is used to connect pipes in tight spots. but this is usually not necessary with copper.

Old 03-28-01, 02:36 PM
Visiting Guest
Thank you very much, I got it together, wasn't that hard after all, thanks to your advice. Thanks again!!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: