Faucet bidet installation

Old 05-04-15, 08:55 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Faucet bidet installation

Hi,
I really want to install "Aquaus Handheld Bidet for Faucet" in my bathroom. (https://www.rinseworks.com/products/...&product_id=53) but I have one of those faucets that have inner temper-free aerators. It is not like ordinary screwing type aerators. I have attached a picture that resembles what I have. is there anything that I can do about this apart from replacing my faucet? any kind of converter?
thanks

Attached Images  
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-15, 09:49 AM
G
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
I don't know what you mean by "inner temper-free aerator". Nothing on Google, either. If you grab the bulge at the end of the faucet doesn't it unscrew so you can remove the aerator? Looks like the sprayer comes with various adapters.

Old 05-04-15, 10:02 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,204 Votes on 1,114 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

"inner temper-free aerator"
I think the poster meant "inner tamper-free aerator."

I would doubt that bulge at the end of the faucet is removable. It would be more likely that there are internal threads there and the aerator screws out from the inside.

Not knowing the faucet..... I would take a mirror to look into the faucet end and to look for a removable ring or a place for a special tool to be inserted.

It looks like the adapter they give you is designed for an internal thread faucet.

Name:  adapter-with-male-and-female-700x700.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  33.8 KB

Old 05-05-15, 11:20 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
usually the aerator are on tip of the faucet where you can easily unscrew them and replace them. But in the faucet that I am dealing with, the aerator is inside the faucet like the picture that I attached. It is not exposed, so I cannot unscrew it, and add my bidet extension.

Old 05-05-15, 03:57 PM
Received 257 Votes on 231 Posts
I'm sure there is a tool that came with the faucet that is used to remove the aerator. Maybe you can give us the faucet brand name or even take a pic using a mirror of the inside faucet spout.

If it's not too late would you consider using different type of bidet? I would suggest the LUXE Bidet. They attach to the toilet seat and connect at the sink water supply valve. Very easy to attach. Up and running in ten minutes. It has a setting for both men and women and "cleaning" setting. This type leaves the sink faucet undisturbed.