Kitchen faucet loses pressure (hot water only)

Old 06-23-15, 12:21 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Kitchen faucet loses pressure (hot water only)

I have a kitchen faucet that is giving me issues. It is a Kohler pull-down faucet and about 2 years old. It is fine on cold water, but if I turn the faucet handle to full hot, after about 10-20 seconds or so it you hear a little thump and it goes from full pressure to about 10%. There is significant pressure loss. It doesn't turn off completely, but just barely comes out.

It isn't a hot water issue- I can go to the bathroom faucets and get plenty of hot water and I'm not running any other water at the same time so it's not like it's competing for hot water. I also cleaned out the aerator, and even completely removed it and turned on the faucet- it does the same thing.

Does this sound like something that could be fixed or do I just need an entirely new faucet? Thank you for your help.

Old 06-23-15, 04:01 PM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
Take off the supply hose from the faucet and run it into a bucket and see if the same thing happens independent of the faucet. It may be at the supply valve on the hot side.

Old 06-23-15, 04:18 PM
Received 721 Upvotes on 640 Posts
I suspect the valve innards need replacing. Not familiar with this particular valve but I bet the seals or "o" rings are damaged and a new cartridge is in order. Call Kohler. It should be a lifetime warranty.

Old 06-23-15, 04:21 PM
At 2 years old, I'm almost certain your faucet has integrated supply lines. Remove hot supply line and inspect just inside the nut, you will see a white plastic flow restrictor. Remove restrictor, taking note of how it was inserted, and clean. Reassemble. The restrictor has very tiny holes similar to the aerator.

Old 06-23-15, 04:39 PM
M
Thanks everyone, I will try all those suggestions. Will post my findings...

Old 07-02-15, 08:04 AM
M
Norm201

I suspect the valve innards need replacing. Not familiar with this particular valve but I bet the seals or "o" rings are damaged and a new cartridge is in order. Call Kohler. It should be a lifetime warranty.
You are correct!! I contacted Kohler and they sent me a new cartridge. We put it in last night (just to see if it would solve the problem) and presto! Problem solved!! Thank you so much, Norm!!

Old 07-02-15, 06:01 PM
Received 721 Upvotes on 640 Posts
Glad you got it fixed. And thanks for the feedback.

Old 07-26-15, 12:24 PM
P
Me too!

4-year old Kohler pull down kitchen faucet with remote handle has little water pressure for hot, but is OK for cold. Hot is OK in other faucets in house. Pressure at under sink valve is OK, but when blow in faucet discharge end with valve disconnected, little air passes, but OK with cold. Problem appears in faucet handle that mixes hot and cold water. What to do next??

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: