pvc to cast iron

Old 04-04-01, 06:27 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
How do I connect a 4 inch diameter piece of pvc to a cast iron tee. This pipe goes out to the sewer. I have used Oakum for cast iron to cast iron but I am not sure what to use for pvc to cast iron. Also how do I connect a Cast Iron pipe to a pvc tee.

[Edited by Billm10454 on 04-04-01 at 09:45]
Old 04-04-01, 06:38 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Gainesville, FL, USA
Posts: 15,361
Received 267 Upvotes on 246 Posts
There are large rubber clamp type connectors that are made for this type of transition. They have a rubber tube lining and a metal shell with two or three hose clamp type mechanisms.
Old 04-04-01, 06:47 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
You misunderstood what I mean. The pipe has to go into the tee. You cannot use the fittings you mentioned.
Old 04-04-01, 12:30 PM
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: San Diego Ca. USA
Posts: 984
Upvotes: 0
Received 13 Upvotes on 11 Posts
Hello, An adapter is made for the task. it is ABs and you install it with oakum and lead that is like steel wool you install it like oakum no heat. You can also install the pipe directly into the cast hub with no adapter just use the oakum and lead. Good Luck Woodbutcher

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: