Plumbing for better flow, less restrictions

Old 11-28-15, 03:47 PM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Plumbing for better flow, less restrictions

I'm currently on a well and my water line from the pressure tank is 3/4", as far as I can tell.. I need know know if this will help to reduce any possible water flow issues...

The blue line is 3/4", the green would be where I would use a 1" line.

The reason I'm thinking of doing this is for flow/pressure because of the sediment filter I want to add and all the dang valves!!

Will be better or will I be wasting my time by adding the 1" where new filter and softener will be?

Name:  plumb_34to1.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  15.3 KB

BTW, the reason for the line/valve from the soften line to the unsoftened line is for when washing the car... I like suds...

Old 11-28-15, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator
Received 84 Upvotes on 76 Posts
Pipe all in 1".

I am on a well too. I came off my pump with 1" . Then to the whole house filter and through the softner. I entered the home with 1" then converted to 3/4. Then tee'd off to 1/2" to fixtures.

I have no pressure loss...

Whats with the secondary bypass above the softener????

Old 11-28-15, 07:20 PM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I never looked at the outlet from my pressure tank to see what size it was. I just remember it being 3/4". If it is one inch there, I'm going to swap it all out to 1". It's not like pvc is expensive...

Assuming I have to stay at 3/4" there, would you agree that with all the valves, filters and what not, using 1" would be better than using the existing 3/4" line?

As for the bypass above the softener, it's for my outside hose bibs. I wanted the option to run softened water as needed for washing cars..

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: