Rough in question(s), continuous thread

Old 12-24-15, 04:57 AM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Rough in question(s), continuous thread

Good day. I am seeking help/advice to insure my project goes smoothly. I am currently working on the many details of building my future home. I take pleasure in the idea of completing the work myself. Though I fully respect the trades knowledge and skill. I have learned oh so much..

I have attached a couple of pictures of my soil stack. This drains and vents my toilet only. From what I understand, the fitting choice is good to go. The 2" pipe leading up through the next floor continues up, uninterrupted until it meets with other vents in the attic.

Second question, I am thinking that all of the stub ups from concrete floor will require a clean out? I can attach pictures but forgot to take them at the time.

Third question, I have a 2 piece rough in in the basement. two piece really meaning a toilet drain in the floor. How do I close this off to easily access in the future? I think a stub and cap would do the job but how do I undo this to mount a toilet in the future? Am I thinking to hard?

Thank you for your time in advance!

Attached Images     
Old 12-24-15, 08:38 AM
Super Moderator
Received 84 Upvotes on 76 Posts
Hmmmm so there is only a toilet with no lav? How do you wash your hands?

Old 12-24-15, 11:56 AM
B
Received 293 Upvotes on 260 Posts
I am not a plumber but I think the toilet vent should be a continuous pipe above the the elbow to the toilet flange. It can be reduced in size to match the other vents in the attic. You have it located below the flange elbow level.
I also see two things you should do to the framing.
1- Add a stud to the right of the drain pipe cutout to support the short top plate.
2- For the corner shown in the picture, add a stud to the corner so you can attach the drywall to both sides of the corner. The other corners may need the same.

Old 12-29-15, 10:47 AM
Z
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 422 Upvotes on 375 Posts
I don't see any issue with your drain/vent configuration.

Yes, you do want a cleanout above each drain going into the concrete. You'll thank us if you ever need it.

You definitely want to add a pipe hanger to replace the temporary nail. (you probably already knew that)

You'll also need steel nailing plates at the bottom and top wall plates to ensure the drywall screws don't find their way into your pipes.

Are they dry-fitted now? You'll need to use purple primer (but again, you probably knew that).

Good luck!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: