Adding a sprinkler valve to main water line

Old 01-04-16, 08:45 AM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Adding a sprinkler valve to main water line

Anyone ever do this? Probably think I'm silly, but whenever we leave for an extended period of time I always feel better shutting off the water. Now the water shutoff in the house is in an awkward location so it makes it less than desirable to turn off every time we go out.

I've thought about getting a sprinkler valve control installed so I could connect it to my alarm system to automatically turn off the water when we go out.

Is there something made for this type of application or would it be a custom application like a sprinkler valve control?

Old 01-06-16, 10:27 AM
Z
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 422 Upvotes on 375 Posts
You're definitely not the first person to consider something like this. If you search these forums, I recall one or two others who were at least thinking about it.

If you decide to go this path, make sure you get the commercial-quality control valves. I wouldn't trust a consumer-grade sprinkler controller on my water main. But other than that, I don't see any real issue with this idea. I think the harder part might be to figure out how to connect it to your alarm system.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: