New waterline for barn supply

Old 02-09-16, 07:44 AM
O
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
New waterline for barn supply

I ran and hooked up (barn side) a frost free in the barn this summer. In ground is 1" 160 PSI poly. It's already through the basement wall and sealed, so I just need to do the in basement hookup. That being said, I'm looking at hooking into and putting a shut off from my existing supply. Question is, I'm not finding a connection for 1" poly to 3/4" pex. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong area.

Is there something in an "L" vs. a straight male/male, or is this a bad idea as far as restricting flow? I'd like it to stay tight up against the wall like an LB if possible.

Heres a pic of the current pressure tank that feeds into a water system. I'm probably going to clean it up a bit while I'm at it. Thanks

20150409_114910

Old 02-09-16, 08:57 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 747 Votes on 686 Posts
Your photo shows copper piping so I'm confused why you're asking about a PEX fitting? You will have to assemble the fitting necessary to make the transition. I don't know of a 3/4" PEX to 1" barb so you'll have to us a coupling and reduction to join a PEX on one end and a barb fitting on the other.

Old 02-09-16, 10:18 AM
O
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I'm going to tap into the copper for my supply, then it will be PEX over to the other side of my basement where the 1" poly is.

Old 02-12-16, 11:33 AM
Z
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 155 Votes on 138 Posts
In case you haven't completed this yet, it's an easy transition if you use a 3/4" PEX -> 3/4" threaded, then connect that to a 3/4" threaded -> 1" barb connection. Add some teflon tape and/or pipe dope to make the connection and you have your very own PEX-to-PE fitting.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: