pressure testing Pex lines

Old 03-27-16, 06:04 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
pressure testing Pex lines

I'm in the middle of finishing my basement and in the process I re-piped out my plumbing lines in pex, and installed a manifold. I want to pressure test the lines before I cut over the main water line to the manifold. What is the best way to pressure test? Can I just connect my air compressor to the manifold and pump air into the lines with all the valves open? Or is there a better or proper way of doing it? Any advice would be appreciated.

Old 03-27-16, 06:29 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Are you sure that you want to pump air into the system? How many PSI do you plan to use? I don't know if that's a good idea.

Old 03-27-16, 07:52 PM
T
The water pressure in my house is 20 psi. I was going to test it at a little more then double, 50 psi and hold it there for a few hours to see if the pressure drops. I was also thinking of adding some water in the lines incase there is a leak, so it may be easier to find.

Old 03-27-16, 08:20 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
20 PSI sounds low to me. At the same time, I wouldn't test it with 50. If there aren't any leaks now, there maybe some when you test it. Wait for Lawrosa. See what he has to say.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: