Clogged Toilets (3)

Old 04-19-01, 07:04 AM
Visiting Guest
Exclamation

I have three toilets in my house, two are on the second floor and one is on the main floor. Our problem is this: After one of the users finish using the toilet, it seems to clog up. We have plunged it before, and have also called "roto-rooter' to assess the problem. Their response was that there were no problems with the drains. It seems to happen more frequesntly over the past year and is getting to be a hassle now. Do you have any suggestion on what may be wrong with the drains? It happens on all three units, but not at the same time.

Old 04-19-01, 06:36 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cool

All toilets have their own built-in traps, and if you have those so-called "water-saver" federally-required 1.6-gallon toilets, if anything is put down them but a minimum amount of toilet paper, they are going to clog.
I agree. It is not your drains.
It is those toilets.
You're just going to have to tell your family not to put ANYTHING down them but a minimum amount of toilet tissue.
Otherwise, get a good toilet plunger (the kind with a rubber pop-out bell on the end) and a plumber's toilet auger to keep them clear.
Good Luck!
Mike (too)

Old 04-20-01, 08:26 AM
Visiting Guest
Our toilets are not low low, they are over 20 years old and in good working operation.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: