Washer fill hose vibrate when filling

Old 11-13-16, 09:10 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Washer fill hose vibrate when filling

I have a front loading washer. When the water is filling in the machine, the hoses going into the machine shake viciously. It goes on until the water is filled, then stops. It kind of seems like it is sputtering with lots of vibration causing shaking.

Any ideas? Too much pressure? Clogged inlet valves?

Thanks

Old 11-13-16, 09:33 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 8 Votes on 7 Posts
Are the valves open completely? What type valve set up do you have? Quarter turn? Older spigot style? A picture of your control valves would certainly help. http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...your-post.html

Old 11-13-16, 11:41 AM
Any ideas? Too much pressure?
As Larry said, too little pressure (restricted flow through a valve) will cause the shaking.
Check the machine and hose for any screens and clean them. If they aren't obviously clogged, the house valve might need changed.
It's common for old rubber washers in a valve to disintegrate and block the flow.

If you are getting good flow from the hose and you think nothing's wrong, you could try a screw on water hammer arrester.

Old 11-13-16, 12:15 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 76 Votes on 69 Posts
A quick way to check if washer valve is problem is to take hose off washer and put end in tub of washer, Turn water on an see if flow is good or still vibrates. If good take screen out of fill valve on washer (small screwdriver will get it out) clean screen and try washer again. If still vibrates you will need a fill valve. If you need valve post model # of washer and we can help.
If hose is to short to get to washer put it in a bucket or pull drain hose out of wall and put hose in there.

Old 11-13-16, 06:18 PM
D
I have the older spigot style and they are open all the way. I recently had these changed out since they were quite old. I've had the problem both before and after.

Old 11-13-16, 06:21 PM
D
Thanks pugsl, I'll try your suggestion and see what happens.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: