Basement Remodel / Plumbing Cost

Old 11-14-16, 11:55 AM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Basement Remodel / Plumbing Cost

All,
I am finishing my basement and as part of it, putting a full bath with laundry room. I am in greater Boston area and following is the price I received from a local master plumber to get the job done. I am just trying to validate with this forum if these prices are reasonable or I should keep look for someone else.

Bathroom is quite small, and bathroom will be below first floor bathroom so there is easy access to existing plumbing. Job will include cutting through the concrete for the job as well as putting a below ground sewage ejector pump.

1.Move water heater few inches and turn it director so it can be framed properly in mechanical room - $900
2.Revamp 1 Duct (10 feet) to gain more space/room $1000
3.Full Bath with ejector pump rough in as well as finish (installing fixtures) - $6000
4.Relocate laundry connections (Gravity) as well as install new stack-able washer / gas dryer $1500

Are these prices reasonable?

Old 11-14-16, 02:40 PM
J
Received 128 Upvotes on 113 Posts
Guessing prices, never works out on any DIY site.
You need to be getting some more prices from licensed plumbers to get a better idea if the price is right.
Few people here are going to know what the labor rate, cost of materals and permits are in your area.
Also no one here can see what they are going to have to work around to do what you need done.

Old 11-14-16, 04:19 PM
Received 1,210 Upvotes on 1,098 Posts
That is always my motivator to just do the research and do it myself. Get as good of job, have new tools to play with, and keep 70% of the cash in the bank.

Old 11-14-16, 07:39 PM
F
Received 38 Upvotes on 30 Posts
I live in the greater Seattle are which, like Boston, has a high cost of living. Those prices seem high to me, so high as to suggest the contractor simply didn't want the job.

A few pictures of the areas where the work is to be done might help although the comments by Joe and Marq are VERY important. If you want to really save some money you CAN do much of the work yourself. The downside, unless things have changed greatly in the last few years, is that Massachusetts is not a DIY-friendly state, especially regarding plumbing work.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: