Pressure tank quality

Old 12-07-16, 05:47 AM
O
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Pressure tank quality

Is there any difference in the quality of the pressure tanks available at the big box stores? I am tired of the bladder failing for no apparent reason.
Thanks

Old 12-08-16, 06:53 PM
J
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I have a Well X Trol that has lasted forever on a constant pressure type of setup - it's a tiny little tank that runs at 70PSI all the time - the local well drillers use that brand around here. I don't know if they are any good, but I do feel that Home Depot's house product line is degrading in quality over time, in another 10 years I would not be surprised to see their well tank bags constructed of ziploc bags (the cheap ones) and the tank made of foil if it makes them more money...I'm pretty cynical about box store house brands because everything breaks on me..they also love to sell lots of illegal not to code products where I live. My acid test is that if the product name is only sold at Home Depot and nowhere else, I try to avoid it.

Old 12-09-16, 03:59 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
While I agree with the X Trol tank being a good tank, I cannot agree with blatant across the board bashing of store brand items. It is unfair and should be avoided. For instance, Ridgid, which is a HD brand, or Cobalt, which is a Lowe's brand, both come with excellent warranties and all their tools seem to be top quality. Anything you buy should be scrutinized whether it be from a box store or from a specialty store, as all have bottom lines to consider. You go in asking for the cheapest thing they have, and you'll get what you pay for.

Old 12-09-16, 07:04 AM
J
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Chandler is right, I should not be so hard on HD, my bad and apologies - my criticism was uncalled for. I shop there all the time and they are a good store that keep many of us going. I agree they do have some great products and the cheap manufacturing of some items is still a great thing because it saves us money when we may not always need the highest quality items. Ridgid tools are awesome, they have the lowest failure rate of all of my tools - though i could be mistaken I think they are owned by Ridge/Emerson and have been around for almost 100 years.

Old 12-09-16, 02:02 PM
A
Received 277 Upvotes on 253 Posts
By bladder failing do you mean getting water out of the Schrader valve every time?

Your water might have chemical content or be too acidic or too alkaline so as to shorten the life of the tank bladder. Yes there exists such a thing as water that corrodes copper pipes abnormally fast.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: