Fluid master toilet valve will not shut off

Old 06-17-17, 09:45 AM
Q
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Fluid master toilet valve will not shut off

Just replaced a ball valve with a fluid master but I have the same problem. It will not shut off. I have adjusted the screw but when it fills, it shuts off 95% but a little hiss is left.
Even if I manually pull the float up higher it does not shut off.
Any ideas what to do?

Old 06-17-17, 04:05 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 1,458 Votes on 1,312 Posts
I have seen that happen when debris gets into the valve but it's usually been a week or two after installation. They don't provide instructions but it's pretty easy to disassemble the Fluidmaster and clean out the diaphragm area.

Old 06-17-17, 04:17 PM
Q
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
That seemed to work. They have a video on the fluid master website. Thanks

Old 06-24-17, 09:42 AM
X
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I never had good experiences with Fluidmaster fill valves and thus switched to Korky fill valves. I like their design much more and have used them in many toilets without any issue. I would try rinsing out the Fluidmaster fill valve and possibly using a ShopVac to deep clean it of any sediment that may have been deposited into it. However, it likely is a defective fill valve. You could try another Fluidmaster fill valve or try a Korky fill valve.

I would also replace the connection hose just in case it is depositing debris into the fill valve. Is the shutoff valve to the toilet a quarter turn valve or older screw down type valve? Also is the pipe that the valve connects to galvanized, brass threaded, or brass sweated onto copper?

Last edited by Xenzo; 06-24-17 at 12:41 PM.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: