USA standard for tap

Old 11-15-17, 12:51 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Israel
Posts: 1
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
USA standard for tap

Few questions about standard size.
I would like to know what are right dimensions of an accessory that connects to a common bathroom/kitchen tap.
What is the standard in the united states?
is it metric or inch system?
What is the diameter used?

In other words, what are the parameters I need to choose for connection marked as "D" in the attached picture?

Any help is most appreciated, Thanks!
Attached Images  
Old 11-15-17, 01:29 PM
Handyone's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: U.S.
Posts: 4,807
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
The measurements used are inches, however aerator threads can vary. Every aerator does not screw in the same.
"A" internal threads are probably 3/4" hose threads (garden hose/washing machine threads).

You need an adapter similar to B and C. The best way to find one is to remove your existing aerator and take it to a store to test the threads that connect to the spout. It's also possible to use two aerator adapters if necessary. Home stores usually have a display board to test fit threads.

Here's a link to an example of a hose adapter:

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: