leak from bathtub causing severe water damage!

Old 05-07-01, 11:25 PM
Visiting Guest
Unhappy

I have had three plumbers out within the last several months over a undetected leak. I'll start buy explaining part of my damages that caused all the concern. I had water coming up through the floor in my back bedroom. The floor has buckled from the closet to the back wall and there is now water coming out between were the brick and the slab meet outside. The plumbers that came out told me now leaks were found in my bathroom that is next to the bedroom, but the trap keeps feeling up under my bathtub and they told me it wasn't coming from there. Yesterday I had standing water in my bedroom my husband found were the water is coming out of the pipe that is attached to the drain, but we only got enough water out of the trap that would go out of the knock out. Our home owners insurance is covering the seperated drains in the kitchen and laundry area which they did a leak detection test on and the plumbers have insisted that the bathroom area has "no leaks" We all took baths Saturday evening and when I woke up the next morning there was standing water in my bedroom. Sunday we took pictures of everything and plan to have the adjusters come out and look again. It is an older home so all the pipes I believe are galvinized. I am at wits end, I have a family of five and bath times or horrific when the bathtub is draining into my bedroom. If anyone could give me any advice I would be very grateful. Sorry I went into to much detail and Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-01, 02:34 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by lauriehuff
Yesterday I had standing water in my bedroom my husband found were the water is coming out of the pipe that is attached to the drain, but we only got enough water out of the trap that would go out of the knock out.
What is this knock out your talking about?

Our home owners insurance is covering the seperated drains in the kitchen and laundry area which they did a leak detection test on and the plumbers have insisted that the bathroom area has "no leaks"
Get these seperated drains fixed first then see if a problem still exist.

We all took baths Saturday evening and when I woke up the next morning there was standing water in my bedroom. Sunday we took pictures of everything and plan to have the adjusters come out and look again.
Do you have a web site you can post the pictures to so we can see what your talking about, a picture can tell a story.

It is an older home so all the pipes I believe are galvinized.
Galvinized pipe are know to rott out onder a slab this is not uncommon

I am at wits end, I have a family of five and bath times or horrific when the bathtub is draining into my bedroom. If anyone could give me any advice I would be very grateful. Sorry I went into to much detail and Thanks in advance.
This is all I can tell you for now, sounds like a major problem that need great attention, please keep us informed on what you find and what took place to fix this.

Ron

Old 05-08-01, 06:42 PM
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
Hi, Your House is on a slab? A leaking Galanized pipe would leak 24/7 if it was on the pressure side of the valve you would have swimming pool in your bedroom. If a drain or faucet was leaking it would only show up when the tub or shower was used,It could also be just the shower or bath. I don't think those type of leaks would flood your bedroom. You may want to open a wall up so you can see the plumbing on the tub. You may also want to consider other sources of the water such as the toilet. You also may want to check out any irrigation that may be flooding your home yours or maybe a neighbor. Good Luck Woodbutcher