plumbing

Old 05-09-01, 07:22 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

I am adding a laundry room to my house I need to find the waste line where it crosses under the slab to tie into it. How can I locate the waste line from above?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-01, 06:22 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You have to just start opening up the slab, look at the lay out of all the fixture in your house, there is no real way to say how the plumber layed the pipes in the ground.

That about all I can tell you.

Good Luck

Old 05-10-01, 06:56 AM
You may get lucky that it's in "logical" lines from the stack to the exit point. Try laying out lines from these two points and see if there might be a good place to start.

P2000:
I've never seen or used a scope in a drain line. Is it possible to scope and measure where bends occur to approximate a path?

Old 05-10-01, 07:29 AM
A camera down the mainline stack will tell where the branch/s enter, and can be located by it.

This could be a option, but this will only tell where it branches tie-in, now maybe if one can camera a kitchen line, if it is 2" and they make a camera for that size line, that would be the better way to locate.

Old 05-11-01, 04:45 AM
Lightbulb

Ron:
If there is a clean-out close to where the main exits the house, how about from there backwards?

Old 05-11-01, 07:24 AM
Running back up the line will show the same branch tie-ins as if you was to ran it from the stack.

One thing is a laundry line requires 2" min, so if there is no 2" branch tie-ins seen on the camera then one would need to make a new branch off the mainline, then all one has to do is determine the route from the mainline to the laundry location.