Had frozen pipes, now thawed and no water?

Old 01-07-18, 06:14 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Had frozen pipes, now thawed and no water?

Our pipes froze, once a few pipes thawed we found breaks. We shut off water and fixed breaks. Now pipes are all thawed and turned on water but their is none. Our spicket by well is the only thing running water. Well shows pressure but we're not hearing it kick on anymore? Opinions would be greatly appreciated, we've been over a week with out water and don't know what to do at this point.
​​​

Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-18, 06:34 PM
A
Received 80 Votes on 74 Posts
If the spigot down by the well is working with good pressure then you did not do a sufficient job of thawing the pipes.

There may be portions of the pipe run where only a slight path along the inner surface of the pipe was melted, and it refroze after you moved on to another section.

Old 01-08-18, 03:22 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 316 Votes on 280 Posts
Where is the well in relationship to the house? I agree there are still some frozen pipes.

Old 01-09-18, 10:09 AM
F
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Had something similar happen....

Do you have access to the pump? I tapped the connection box that powers my pump and it sprang to life- Is your pump running?

Old 01-09-18, 05:13 PM
V
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
I don't know what State Raven is in; but it may be that a temporary solution could be devised to supply water to the house by running a garden hose from the Spigot near the Well over to the Hose Bib on the House, and open both valves.

That may not be a good solution if you then go into a deep freeze; but it will get water into the house for immediate needs, even if you have to reverse the process and bring the hose inside to thaw over night . . . . or every couple hours.

Old 01-10-18, 03:14 PM
Z
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 112 Votes on 104 Posts
Also make sure you (or the plumber) opened up all the valves after fixing the pipes! Seems like a silly suggestion, but do make doubly sure.