Looking for 15mm to 3/8 reducer

Old 01-17-18, 06:54 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: United States
Posts: 462
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Looking for 15mm to 3/8 reducer

Picked up from an internet store Grohe faucet, but the thing came with supply lines that have 15mm compression fittings...so I can't connect to the standard 3/8 Valves....
I am actually even more surprised that I can't now find a reducer....
I found a few stores but they are all located in UK.

I can't believe Grohe sells their faucets with metric connectors....there's got to be a extension / reducer / adapter

Thanks for your help !
Old 01-17-18, 07:01 PM
PJmax's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Jersey
Posts: 62,494
Received 3,484 Upvotes on 3,128 Posts
Grohe markets faucets all over the world.
More than likely that faucet was not intended for sale in the states.

Did you check back with the seller ?
Old 01-18-18, 03:31 AM
GregH's Avatar
Super Moderator
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 9,498
Received 66 Upvotes on 61 Posts
This is a common problem in our workplace with commercial equipment.
We have not been successful in finding an easy source of adapters and either modify the equipment to work or just send it back.
You have been sold a fixture that requires you to spend time and money above the purchase price.
I would sent it back and go to a brick and mortar store for a new one.
Old 01-21-18, 10:45 AM
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 640
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
A Grohe dealer in your area will likely be able to help you, or you could try calling the tech support number. They might mail you the adapters.

If you want to do it your self you might try a speciality plumbing store or a hydraulic industrial supplier, a place that supports automotive or machinery shops with hydraulic tooling.
Old 01-21-18, 10:48 AM
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 640
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
If the flexible supply tubing has copper ends attached to those adapters you could cut them off and solder on standard 1/2" male compression adapters. If the supply tubing has braided steel with plastic underneath you shouldn't do this for fear of melting the plastic.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: