toilets

Old 05-12-01, 10:52 AM
Visiting Guest
Cool

I have three toilets which have been in the house since it was built about 30 years ago. In the past year all three toilets are acting up and won't always flush properly. We have checked the vents, used snakes etc., and have found nothing. We have been told that by looking into the toilet it has turned black, and that the ceramic finish is gone and that causes the toilet to malfunction. Can this be the problem? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-01, 01:43 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Doubtful it is age. I have 3 over 60 years old, that work fine.

Need a little better description of what they are, or are not doing, in order to help. "Won't always flush properly" does not tell me much.

Also, Where is the toilet black?

Old 05-12-01, 03:12 PM
Visiting Guest
Originally posted by arkayassoc
Doubtful it is age. I have 3 over 60 years old, that work fine.

Need a little better description of what they are, or are not doing, in order to help. "Won't always flush properly" does not tell me much.

Also, Where is the toilet black?
The black is in the bottom part of the bowl. The toilets will overflow periodically, but seem to work fine otherwise. They are connected to a rural septic system, however the water has been checked and is ok. None of the ceramic sinks in the house show any blackness or discoloring. We were told that the lack of ceramic coating inside the bowl causes solids to cling and therefore interfers with the flush. The septic tank was pumped out and checked one month ago.