toilet won't refill

Old 05-12-01, 06:26 PM
G
Visiting Guest
Unhappy

That's it, the toilet won't refill the tank. I can pur water in the bowl and it flush. I can externally fill the tank and it will flush by using the handle but it won't re-fill. I believe what I have is a floatless ballcock since I don't have an arm with a floating ball at the end.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-01, 07:15 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Install a new fillvalve, problem solved.

Old 05-22-01, 10:23 AM
G
Visiting Guest
Angry toilet won't re-fill

Per your suggestion I purchased a Fluidmaster 400A refill valve and proceeded to unscrew the nut at the bottom of the tank successfully. I was then able to remove the upper part of my old refill valve (a Fluidmaster 200A) but I don't know how to remove the bottom part. It seems that I can unscrew forever but nothing will happen. It seems that my only recourse is to use a hack saw and hope that that works. Is there another way?

Old 05-22-01, 04:37 PM
Cutting it off will do it.

Old 06-05-01, 07:57 PM
G
Visiting Guest
Unhappy

OK, I mangaged to put the new re-fill valve in. I then purchased a flexible supply line for the toilet. I needed a 4" line but couldn't find one that short so I got a 20" one and looped it. I was able to connect the supply line to the re-fill valve but the other end was way too big. What can I do about this? Can I get a supply line with a smaller size on the other end? Is there a part I can get to serve as an interface? Help!

Old 06-05-01, 09:07 PM
There are three different sizes that will connect to the shut off valve, 3/8" compression, 1/2" compression, or 1/2" IP, you probably got the 1/2" IP type, take it back and get the 3/8" compression type.

Old 06-06-01, 06:59 PM
G
Visiting Guest
Unfortunately, I did get a 3/8" compression. It looks like what I need is 1/4" or less. Does this exist and if not, what can I do?

Old 06-06-01, 07:35 PM

You do have a shut off valve that is there now that might look like this one right?
If so does this attach to copper pipe or to a threaded pipe?If so you will need to install the proper size valve to use for that 3/8" comp supply line. If it's connected to copper pipe replace it with a compression stop, if IP this replace with an IP stop.