Bathroom Faucet

Old 05-12-01, 07:12 PM
Visiting Guest
My hot water faucet will not turn off at the handle. I have replaced the interior stuff and where the handle was not stopping but turning round and round now works....I turned on the valve under the sink and the handle still does not seem to have any influenence on stopping the water. Whats next the shut off valve?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-01, 07:22 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
What brand is the faucet, sounds like you have to replace the seat, this is found inside the body of the valve where the stem washer tightens up against.

Old 05-12-01, 08:08 PM
Visiting Guest
I am not sure. I got then at the Price Club. I want to say Moen, They separate handles 3 were installed approx. 3/4 years ago. I bought what looked like the proper repleacement part inside and the old one appeared to be broken. Thought I would have succsess.....now with the hot water valve turned off which OLD I have drip. I am more curious then anything at this point. The only difference between the original and the new is that the old one had a brass piece at the top this is plastic, But as I said it seems to be by passing somehow

Old 05-12-01, 08:35 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Take the cartiage back where you got and have it replaced, it could be bad.

Old 05-12-01, 11:04 PM
Visiting Guest
Thanks a bunch I will do that. Should have seen how long it took to get the thing apart. I feel like a pro now. Thanks again