Center sink vanity to left offset sink.

Old 03-19-18, 09:00 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Center sink vanity to left offset sink.

I bought my first house and my vanity is a center sink the wife wanted a left sided sink, now the drain pipe dont line up anywhere close. Does anyone have a picture of how they did theirs, or how they did it? I trying not to bust out walls and move plumbing...

Old 03-19-18, 10:16 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,530 Votes on 1,413 Posts
There are many fittings available to help you do that job. We need to know what is coming out of the wall or what you currently have. If you can a post a picture it would be very helpful........... How-to-insert-pictures

Old 04-19-18, 05:49 PM
R
If the drain pipe is still behind the vanity then it is a simple matter of fittings and pipes to get there. It does take some thinking which is probably you objection. The flipside of Do It Yourself is /Pain in the Ass.
But if it is so far off that it is exposed then you are right to think it is too much work. Put it back so at least it covers the pipes. Then go ahead with the pipes & fittings. It is very easy if it is plastic.
You do need to look into it further. They probably make a fitting just for that purpose but a plumber or plumber supply would know.
When I put in my kitchen sink drain I used a rubber coupling around the drain pipe out of the wall with hose clamps. I can't remember what was wrong with the original setup, which was threaded on. But I just redid everything else today and finally think I have it good. The rubber coupling still looks great. This had always been a cloggy set up and I have high hopes for the new geometry. Those threaded fittings with gaskets can be unstable. I was lucky I had old ones to supplement the kit because I botched one leg. You had to be there.

Old 04-19-18, 06:03 PM
R
The one thing you need to observe is that the system slants at least slightly down towards the drain and not up-and-down. You can eyeball it better with a ruller.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: