outdoor faucet leaks

Old 05-12-01, 08:12 PM
Visiting Guest
Unhappy

Help!!! THe outdoor faucet leaks..but not where the hose goes..Its weird..my faucet has 2 parts..one where the hose goes and the other on top that says siphon resistant that is where its leaking.Help me I am single and no one to help me...thank you alot..

Old 05-12-01, 08:47 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Does it look like this one?

I usally just replace these when they leak from the top.

If the plumber secured the adaptor correcty in the wall or under the floor line, this faucet should unscrew.

Make sure you shut water off to house before attempting to do this.

If it feels like your twisting the pipe inside a wall or under the house, stop, and do call a plumber for help.

Old 05-13-01, 11:47 AM
Visiting Guest
THANK YOU alot...That picture is EXACTLY what the faucet looks like...I am not sure how it is hooked up as its underneath the crawl space..I wl call a plummer,..thanks alot. I thought it wld be a little prob like replacing the top but it wont..I wl have to replace the whole part like you sd..and since I dont even own a screwdriver..ha ha I wl call a plummer..Thank you again..Olivia

Old 05-13-01, 08:12 PM
N
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Just out of curiosity, is there any way to repair instead of replace?

Old 05-13-01, 08:33 PM
I'm sure you can repair them, the thing about anti-siphon bibbs is the parts needed for them will not be found at any Home Depot, chances are you will have to oder the part through a supply house, and even then it takes time for the parts to come in, so I never worry about it and just replace the faucet all together.

These faucets cost around 15.00, I see no benefit in ordering and waiting on the parts. The benefit on replacement over waiting on parts is homeowner satisfaction which means repeat clients.

Most of the time out in the field the homeowner wants to see the broken plumbing repaired right away and not have to wait till parts get in, sometimes this could be a month out.

Old 05-14-01, 05:18 PM
Visiting Guest
thank you for your time regarding my problem.Just one more question how much shld I expect the plummer to charge me? I have been taken before when this plummer charged me $100.00 fee. just to come out to my home..He sd it was a 1 ttime each yr.to come out any other visits wldnt charge that..well, of course I didnt need a plummer for the rest of the yr.. ha ha ..so give me a rough estimate, say 150.00 or alot less or alot more..thank you..

Old 05-14-01, 07:55 PM
That depends on what needs to be done to replace the faucet, will he need to crawl under the house, or will the faucet unscrew and the new one go in without needing to go under the house, how much space is there under the house, how far will he have to crawl if needed, other factors come into play, it can range from 80 - 150 I would think.

Like I say it depends on what needs to be done to accomplish the job.

Old 05-15-01, 08:53 PM
N
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
plumber - is there a way I can cap my spigot? Then when I want to use my hose just uncap it? My problem is there is know way into my crawl space. A deck was built over it. Much thanx!

Old 05-15-01, 09:21 PM
They make a cap for a hose spigot, it will screw right on to the faucet, just as a hose will.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: