shower diverter gate

Old 05-16-01, 07:44 PM
Visiting Guest
when i pull up the diverter gate on my bathtub faucet, not all the water is blocked. That is, a lot of water is still coming out on the bottom instead of from the shower head.
Do I need a new diverter gate/spout?

Old 05-16-01, 07:50 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Most likely, yes. Depends on how long it has been that way. I have unscrewed the lift up knob, and take out the slide gate. You will see a cup washer in there that uses the water pressure to hold it in place to block the flow to the tub. Sometimes, the cup washer gets folded over, and if you catch it soon enough, you can put it back correctly and it will work ok.

If this does not work, they are only about $10. Remove the set screw on the bottom of the spout before attempting removal.

Old 05-17-01, 01:31 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cool

And the tub spout may be the screw-on type. Take it with you to get the right one, if it is.
Use 2-3 flat turns of teflon tape wrapped clockwise only on threads of the pipe from wall.
Good Luck!
Mike

Old 08-31-01, 01:19 PM
John Virtue
Visiting Guest
Angry

I own a 25 year old half siding half brick home. The brick work that is the exterior of my fireplace flue is deteriorating. The north side of the home a ledge where the brick is angled away from the home to accomodate the fireplace inside. On the same side of the house a window beside the fireplace ledge is deteriorating ( crunbling away ) as well. Previous ownners have patched with cement and silicone. Not only the bricks on top are affected, but the ones in the next layer are starting to crumble. I appreciate that I will have to remove all the bricks and rebuild, I was wondering WHY is it happening? And why only on this side of the home? Any advise technique etc...including a better cement product would be much appreciated.

John

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: