Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Plumbing, Piping, Water Heating, Wells, Air & Water Filtration and Conditioning > Plumbing and Piping
Reload this Page >

Toilet and shower drain rough-in - cut flush with subfloor or finished floor or.

Toilet and shower drain rough-in - cut flush with subfloor or finished floor or.

Old 07-12-18, 02:53 PM

I am sorry for the uninformed question. I was wondering about new construction drains for the toilet and shower. Does the rough-in plumbing get cut flush with the sub floor, finished floor, or something else?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-18, 03:21 PM
Group Moderator
Leave it a couple inches long and set the flange on top temporarily. (Do not glue it.)

Old 07-16-18, 10:06 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I set it so it's about 1/4" below the finished floor. This gives some room for error, as the flange that will be cemented to it about 1.25", so can handle a bit of variance.

You can definitely do what XSleeper suggested and just leave it much higher, and trim it once the finished floor is in. I just find it to be one more step if you already know what the finished floor surface will be.

Be sure to cover it, either with a test cap or duct tape to prevent it from getting clogged with construction debris!