question for plumber

Old 08-19-18, 04:37 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 256
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
question for plumber

IF you buy a 1 inch PVC bulkhead slip to slip fitting...

the part that sticks out of the barrel is smooth,yes?so you have to glue an adaptor on ,yes???
also you can buy a glue on pvc
adaptor that has hose threads on one end,yes??

do you think pvc is better than ABS?? cause you cant glue them together....
Old 08-20-18, 04:59 AM
Group Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: NC, USA
Posts: 26,321
Received 1,851 Upvotes on 1,657 Posts
What do you mean by "slip to slip"? Most/all bulkhead fittings are threaded on the outside so you can tighten the mounting nut. Most are NPT threaded on the inside to accept other NPT fittings. There are socket end ones available that require you to glue a fitting in.

What barrel?

You only have to glue on an adapter if you get glue fittings. If you get NPT threaded fittings they screw together.

Both PVC and ABS can be glued. Each material has it's pro's and con's. The best depends on what you are trying to do.
Old 08-20-18, 01:34 PM
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Southeastern Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,149
Received 100 Upvotes on 92 Posts
@Pilot Dane - this for background


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: