Pedestal to Vanity Plumbing

Old 11-20-18, 05:18 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Pedestal to Vanity Plumbing

Good Day...

We currently have a pedestal sink that has an overall width of around 25" . We are looking to change it out to a vanity with sink. Would a 24" and 30" vanity be a straight forward swap? Would likely need a new ptrap Im assuming as the current one is centered.

Attached or below is a picture of the measurement to the drain and water valves from the wall.

Thank You

Attached Images  
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-18, 07:57 AM
P
Received 5 Votes on 5 Posts
Not a plumber but if you remove the drain pipes and supple lines, you can cut holes in the back of the vanity and have the valves and drain connection come right through the back of the cabinet. Pretty straightforward. Nothing needs to be relocated but new flexible supply lines and new drain/trap would make everything connect easily.

- Peter

Old 11-20-18, 10:17 AM
Z
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 112 Votes on 104 Posts
While you could remove the supply valves, I probably wouldn't. They look like they are compression fittings, and any time you take something off, who knows what can of worms you're opening up.

I would just remove the 2 chrome supply lines to the old sink, and remove the old P trap. Many vanities have open backs these days, or you can cut a big square hole to let all 3 fittings through.

New braided lines for your new faucet and a new plastic P-trap for your sink, and you'll be all set! The hardest part will be maneuvering the new vanity into the bathroom!

Old 11-20-18, 10:45 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
great inline with what I was expecting