No hot water pressure from 2 locations.

Old 11-20-18, 07:11 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
No hot water pressure from 2 locations.

Hi,

my kitchen sink and bath tub have very little hot water pressure. I have flushed the tank and also tried the dime in the arerator method to flush the lines and neither have helped. All of my other faucets have plenty of hot water pressure. I'm stumped as to what to try or needs to be done. It's to the point now where there is almost not enough pressure to even make it out of the shower head and certainly not enough to do dishes. Open to just about any suggestion now except replumbing.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-18, 11:00 PM
Received 36 Votes on 31 Posts
Going to have to make some guesses,
Old steel supply lines?
Line frozen ?
Anyone been working on the plumbing and may have left a valve off or not opened up all the way?

Old 11-22-18, 07:17 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 36 Votes on 35 Posts
Sink or shower aerators can easily get clogged, but since your bath tub is experiencing the issue too, the problem is likely upstream (tub faucets don't have any aerator or filter that can get clogged).

Has any work been done recently? Maybe a valve wasn't fully opened afterwards? Regardless, I would consider closing then re-opening any valve between your main (which apparently still works fine if other fixtures are getting normal pressure) and the bath.

It's unlikely for a supply pipe to get clogged, so it's much more likely either a valve or a faucet. Did you see any gunky/rusty water recently? Sometimes when they flush fire hydrants, it can add gunk to the water.

Old 11-22-18, 07:45 AM
Group Moderator
Received 299 Votes on 273 Posts
I would look for shutoff valves on the hot water lines. Open the tub on full hot and open and close the shutoff valves several times. If debris was caught in the valve that sometimes breaks it up so the chunks can flow through. If you don't have any shutoff's then there is possibly a chunk of something stuck in the hot water line. I usually find them at fittings like 90s or "T's". There is no easy solution as you have a bug hunt on your hands.