wax ring or rubber seal?

Old 05-22-01, 08:56 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Any opinions or experience? I am replacing my toilet and after fixing my closet flange, I saw that Home Depot sells a new type of seal that uses thick rubber gaskets (by Fluidmaster). Since this is the type of job you like to experience only once, has anyone out there tried or preferred this approach? Is the wax ring the way to go?
Old 05-22-01, 10:51 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
the foam filled wax seals are primairily used for wall hung water closets. a standard wax ring will be fine if your flange repair is correct
Old 05-23-01, 02:11 AM
Plumber2000's Avatar
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Eugene, Oregon
Posts: 5,838
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Use the standard wax ring, those ones that have the plastic horn in them, can cause problems fo they don't seat correctly

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: