moen kitchen faucet

Old 05-26-01, 10:10 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

I am trying to replace the cartridge in my Moen single-handle kitchen faucet. All was good until it was time to reinsert the retainer clip. I cannot get this to happen. What am I doing wrong?

Old 05-27-01, 05:41 AM
Admin Emeritus
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
My Two Cents Worth

Hello michele j. and Welcome to the Do It Yourself Web Site.

I am not sure exactly what you mean here but I will take a stab at it just the same.

My assumption here is your referring the the "C" clip retainer. If so, then it's possible there is some tiny debris in the groove that prevents the clip from fully seating.

If the cartridge does not fully seat down low enough, there could be debris at the bottom of the faucet tube or a burr mark on the tube or cartridge.

How did you remove that "C" clip? If you used the correct removal tool, then it is possible installation technique is required. Not to offend you of course but it does help.

If your sure the cartridge is the correct unit, it's also possible but highly unlikely the cartridge is out of tolerance and another unit would fit correctly.

Old 05-27-01, 10:41 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cool

Try to squeeze it on with needle-nose pliers.
Good Luck!
Mike

Old 05-27-01, 02:47 PM
W
Received 12 Votes on 10 Posts
Hello. Make sure you have the cartridge aligned correctly, the top of the cartridge has two ears they should be front and back not left and right. Another problem could be water in the neck of the faucet that prevents the cartridge fron going in far enough,simply pull up the stem in the middle of the cartridge like you were turning the water on that will allow the water to escape and the cartridge will seat.
Good Luck Woodbutcher

Old 08-31-01, 03:31 PM
Visiting Guest
I removed the low pressure switch on my 96 maxima and all the freon came out rather forcably. I was told that this should not normally happen. Any idea if maybe the dryer has a bad valve inside or if something else may have caused this?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: