no water coming from shower head

Old 05-27-01, 11:24 AM
crushenberry
Visiting Guest
Talking

Thanks for the tip, it was the filters. Now theres water everywhere except for the shower head. To better explain the shower I have three knobs. On the left it is for hot, one on right is for cold and the one in the middle for shower. As far as the brand of faucet I don't know because it was here when my family moved here. I get this little stream of water that comes out on the bottom of the shower head, but when I rotated the shower head it didn't produce no more or less water. Help!!!!

Crushenberry

Old 05-27-01, 02:15 PM
Admin Emeritus
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
Smile My Two Cents

Hello Crushenberry

Remove the shower head and test for water volume and pressure. If lots of each is availible, the shower head is clogged, restricted or defective. Clean and clear it or replace it.

If the volume of water is still restricted at the pipe with the shower head removed, you need to remove the valve core for the shower faucet and clean, clear or replace that item or it's removable replaceable parts.

Also test both the HOT and COLD water valves for flow. The shower head pipe water flow may prove one or both faucets also need servicing.

Old 05-27-01, 04:13 PM
crushenberry
Visiting Guest
Red face I should have told you earlier

Tom,

I meant to tell you that while the shower is producing hardly no water the other water is running from the tub faucet. Is a shut-off val missing?

Old 05-27-01, 05:35 PM
Admin Emeritus
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
Hi: crushenberry

Thanks for the info update. Based upon the updated info posted, the problem is the diverter valve. This valve divertes the water from the faucet up to the showerhead.

This is the referrence I made in my second paragraph in the first reply. I may not have clearly worded it or worded it incorrectly.

That diverter valve needs to be serviced or replaced. Try removing it's valve core by first removing the handle, then the stem which contains the valve at it's base end. Turn on the water slowly in an attempt to clear out any debris.

While this valve is apart, inspect the valve seat and washer. Repair, rebuild or replace as needed. Same applies to the other valves.

Valve seat removal tools are available at locally and privately owned hardware stores along with other needed parts. These hardware stores also offer professional advice not often found in large chain type hardware stores, in my opinion.

Regards and Good Luck
Tom

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: