Replacing a hot water circulator

Old 04-22-19, 07:07 AM
I
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Replacing a hot water circulator

Our hot water circulator started buzzing and causing noise in my pipes. I plan on swapping it with the same make and model so I just have to drop the new one in. I saw the instructions stated “Air should be vented from the system by means of an air vent located at a high point in the system.” Exactly how do I go about doing this? Is this as simple as opening a tap? I have two 50 gallon hot water heaters connected to each other in my attic and the circulator is connected to a pipe coming from the second water heater’s drain. After doing some reading, I was concerned with airlock after installing a new circulator. I do have shutoff valves directly on either side of the pump. Thanks in advance for any advice. Below is a link to the circulator I have.

https://www.supplyhouse.com/Bell-Gossett-103252LF-1-25-HP-NBF-22-Bronze-Circulator-Pump-Lead-Free

Old 04-22-19, 05:58 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,599 Votes on 1,473 Posts
Those instructions are for a closed system. That would be a system with baseboard radiators. You are dealing with a hydronic DHW setup and every time a hot water faucet is opened.... any air in the system will be purged.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: