PEX Go-No Go Gauge

Old 05-18-19, 04:42 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
PEX Go-No Go Gauge

I am finishing my basement and decided to do the PEX piping myself. I tied into existing PEX pipe running in the floor trusses. I used a crimper and rings that I bought from Home Depot. It seemed to work well and is not leaking. My only question is with the go no-go gauge. My understanding is the gauge is supposed to fit partially over the ring but not all the way on. When I tried this on my rings it was perfect but only from one angle. From other angles it wouldn't go on hardly at all. It is like this on most of the rings. Should I be worried about this? Like I said, the joints are not leaking at all. If it is not acceptable, am I OK to re-crimp the rings? The manual of the manufacturer of the rings says it is fine but other forums I read said this was not OK. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-19, 04:32 AM
Group Moderator
Received 141 Votes on 134 Posts
If you don't hold the crimper perfectly square when crimping your rings will end up slightly oval shaped. Honestly, I have never put much trust in the go, no-go gauges. I use the gauges when I first set up my crimpers but I never use it after that.