irrigation

Old 05-29-01, 11:18 AM
Visiting Guest
I wondered how expensive it would be to have an irrigation system put in for flower beds in front of my house. My husband could do the work, I'm sure, but he thinks this may be too expensive.
Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-01, 11:42 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wink

I'm not an expert here, however, all I have read about sprinkler systems seems to be positive. The expense is usually taken up in the next few years by the money saved on over watering, or under watering and plants dieing. Not to mention, you don't have to have someone come water when you are away for a couple of days/weeks.
I to am looking at putting a system in and it seems the biggest thing is to properly plan it before installation, to ensure proper pressure and coverage.
Good luck, my vote is go for it!

Old 05-29-01, 12:11 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Check out:

http://www.jessstryker.com/install.htm

This is a great step-by-step on sprinkler installation. I had a system installed a couple of years ago, and discovered it was relatively simple. I have since added zones and such and found it was pretty straightforward.

You don't need any specialized tools to do any of the mechanical work. The only exception is the actual laying of the pipe. This will be different depending on where you live. You will also need a permit and will also probably need a specific type of backflow preventer (this is the most expensive item).