Which Fernco coupling?


Old 06-05-19, 06:48 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: United States
Posts: 1
Which Fernco coupling?

I need to extend a sewer vent in my lawn, the sewer pipe is 5" clay, with a 6 1/2"od. The extension pipe is 4" pvc, with 4 1/2"od. I'd like to use a fernco coupling, but not sure which to use. Can anyone help? I know they go by size of pipe opening, but not sure how big the id's really are. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Steamboat Willy

Last edited by Tolyn Ironhand; 06-05-19 at 07:03 AM. Reason: Changed Fenco to Fernco.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-19, 09:09 AM
Group Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: NC, USA
Posts: 20,077
Likes Received: 99
Fernco couplings go on the outside of the pipes so you go by the outside diameters.
Old 06-07-19, 10:36 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 4,519
Likes Received: 7
One of these: 5" Clay to 4" PVC

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes