hose stuck in drain

Old 05-30-01, 07:34 AM
Visiting Guest
Unhappy

We live in a subdivision and when it rains a lot, like everyone else, our drains get messed up. We have a sump pump and at present it is running all of the water we run out of it. The drain that I cut to put in the pump has a pipe that still runs into the pit, water is gushing out of it. We share the drain line with 4 other houses. I capped the pipe and water started gushing up in the basement at the wall and floor seams and the seams in the floor, as well as the sink, and the shower in the basement. I thought the drains under the floor were clogged so I got a balloon to attach to my hose and ran it down thru the shower drain, it made the washing machine drain make some awful sqealing sounds. I felt it go thru a couple of clogs and then I began backing it out. I got alot back, however it is now stuck fast, it will only go in not out, yes I shut off the water. I do not know how I can get it out, should I come back thru a different drain and try to push it out? Should I bust a hole in the floor about where I think it is and cut and fix the pipe?
Also could I put a check valve just outside my house on the main pipe which goes into the sump to stop the water from coming in? I figured I would put a cleanout pipe on the other side of it.
Well that is my problem for today what do you think?

Old 05-30-01, 04:34 PM
plumbguy
Visiting Guest
the drain that u share with the other four houses,could that common line be clogged where they all come together
or do they just drain into a ditch?

Old 05-30-01, 07:09 PM
Visiting Guest
They drain into some kind of a rock filter bed. The majority of it was replaced last fall, at least the part that we all tie into.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: