broken gate valve stem

Old 06-01-01, 04:57 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

The stem of my gate valve that stops the water coming in at the house is bent, so i can't shut my water off there. Can I replace just the stem and or gate or do I need to replace the whole valve? Which looks difficult!
Old 06-01-01, 06:54 PM
Plumber2000's Avatar
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Eugene, Oregon
Posts: 5,838
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You will have to replace the valve all together, dig it out, it will be much eaiser to deal with, this time install a good ball valve, these will last alot longer, and there more reliable.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: