Identify this water line?


Old 09-21-19, 07:32 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 1
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Identify this water line?

We bought a house built in the 60s. The washing machine drains into our utility sink but there is an additional, very small clear tube that also goes into the utility sink. It is in no way connected to our washing machine and it feeds up into the ceiling. Does anyone have an idea of what this is for? I'm having trouble finding any information about it.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-19, 08:03 PM
XSleeper's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 23,084
Received 184 Votes on 173 Posts
Probably a condensate line from your furnace/air conditioner.
Old 09-22-19, 03:21 AM
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Canada
Posts: 78
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
We have an overflow(?) line from our reverse osmosis system under the sink that has a clear line as well.
Old 09-22-19, 09:51 AM
PJmax's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Northern NJ - USA
Posts: 52,531
Received 330 Votes on 308 Posts
As mentioned...... it most likely goes to a condensate pump on the furnace.
Look around the furnace for a small shoe box sized pump. The line would connect to that.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: