Kitchen cold water pressure has dropped

Old 06-02-01, 05:45 PM
Visiting Guest
Unhappy

Two years ago our kitchen was remodeled. Both of the Grohe LadyLux faucets have worked wonderfully since that time. About two weeks ago my wife noticed that the cold water pressure (and ONLY the cold water pressure) had dropped dramatically in both kitchen sinks but nowhere else in the house. The drop was so significant that faucet settings which once produced warm water (halfway between hot and cold) produce dominantly hot water now. There is nothing wrong with the faucets; I've disassembled them to look for debris (dirt, etc. doesn't block only one temperature of water, according to Grohe, considering these are single-stem temp controls).

When I spoke with Grohe's service department they suggested that I "back flush" the cold water supply line to the kitchen. Can anyone tell me how to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance.
-russells

Old 06-02-01, 06:18 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cool

Go to "Repair/Fix-It" above and http://www.bhglive.com/homeimp/ for illustrated how-to info on repairing faucets. Just follow the links from the Plumbing sections to your type of faucet.
Good Luck!

Old 06-03-01, 08:11 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Remove the supply line connected from under the faucet, point into a bucket and turn the valve on, if you have good pressure, then it will be the faucet, if no pressure remove the supply line and see if it has debrie clogged in it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: