Overflowing washer hose

Old 06-03-01, 06:16 AM
Visiting Guest
I have my washer and dryer hook up in my garage. Just recently I noticed that when the washer drains on the final rinse the water overflows from the pipe that the drain hose is in. The pipe goes directly down into the floor and I assume to the main. It rarely happens when the water drains from the initial wash cycle. It overflows a few seconds or so then the water drains out but still water gets all over the area(which happens to be cement.) Also if I happen to catch the cycle and lift the hose a little the overflow is minimal or doesn't happen at all. I have absolutely no other plumbing or drainage problems in any other area of the house. Any way I can "do it myself?". Thank you

Old 06-03-01, 07:36 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cool

The washing machine standpipe has a trap at the bottom of it that is probably partially clogged with soap, lint, etc.
You need to get an auger or snake that will break it up so that it will flush out into the main drain line.
Good Luck!

Old 06-03-01, 08:10 AM
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the advice and I will try it. I don't think it is a major problem (at least I hope it isn't!!) since it doesn't happen every cycle. Thanks again.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: