installing tub and shower wall set

Old 06-03-01, 08:14 AM
Visiting Guest
Hello
I am installing a tub and shower wall set in my basement. The plumbing is already roughed in. I have a couple questions. I cut the 2" PVC pipe coming up out of the floor to attatch the tee. I noticed as I was dry fitting the pieces that the exposed PVC pipe is turning freely, and can even be lifted up. I can not see where the pipe goes as it is covered in gravel and dirt. Should the pipe be moving like this? Is it just stuck into the waste line and designed to twist and turn to ease the tub drain installation, or has the line broke below the floor? Second, should I be putting any drywall behind the tub and wall? I plan on nailing the tub clips directly into the studs, and only putting greenboard at the top of the wall set. Is this the correct procedure? (I could only put drywall on the 60 inch back wall, if I put it on the sides the tub would not fit) Thank you for your help.

Old 06-03-01, 08:32 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You need to uncover that pipe and glue it in, it mynot have got glued into place, and it should not move, no drywall goes behind the shower walls.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: