Secondary propane regulator entry piping

Old 10-26-19, 07:20 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Secondary propane regulator entry piping

I will be installing propane service to a large workshop (steel building on a slab) with a radiant tube heater. I understand the normal piping method is an underground copper tube from the first stage regulator on the above ground tank emerging from below ground that connects to the secondary regulator at the building wall. The secondary regulator output is connected to black piping that enters horizontally through the wall. The regulator vent points down of course. I would prefer that the regulator output line enter the building from below ground vertically through the floor. This output piping could be stainless, copper or other material that meets anti-corrosion goals and "U-turns" from the regulator down underground, then horizontally to a conduit upward that was cast into the slab.The propane supplier was said it wasn't standard but didn't know if it was OK or not. I would appreciate advice on this.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-19, 03:21 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 627 Votes on 579 Posts
I think it would be OK if you have no connections (continuous pipe with no fittings) in the slab or conduit since it's a non-accessible location.

Old 10-27-19, 03:01 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,113 Votes on 1,033 Posts
Conduit in the slab ?

CSST and copper would need to be sleeved thru concrete.

Old 10-28-19, 10:05 AM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the responses. When I had the slab poured I inserted 1 1/4" PVC 90 degree elbo sections in various locations for water, air lines, underground electrical, etc. so I can use one dedicated to a propane line.