Old Toilet Restoration

Old 06-04-01, 06:13 PM
Visiting Guest
I am restoring a bathroom in an 1920 New Orleans bungalow. When I bought the house I found the original toilet stored in the garage. It has rust stains in the bowl and stains on the exterior that have not come clean. I have found many local companies that are willing to reporcellen my bathtub but none that deal with toilets. Does anyone have any guidance?

Old 06-04-01, 08:47 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Now is the time to test out some of those money back garantee products, if they don't work get your money back. As far as refinishing a toilet, not sure if there is anyone that will do toilets, have you tried looking in to antique shops for a matching toilet?

Old 06-06-01, 04:11 AM
Visiting Guest
Smile pre-cro magnon toilet pan

theres a company over here in devon england that may take on the job for you .but seems it might be a bit expensive to ship and do the job.
bob the plumber england

Old 06-07-01, 12:05 PM
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the replies. Looks like back to the scouring pad.

Old 06-07-01, 04:49 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 138 Votes on 127 Posts
There are a number of commercial rust/hardwater stain removers that are worth a shot. Another to try is old fashioned muratic (hydrocloric) pool acid. It will remove rust stains remarkably well, just have good ventilation, and protective clothing.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: