low pressure in shower/dip tube problems

Old 06-08-01, 06:02 AM
G
Visiting Guest
We have had dip tube problems with our hot water heater, which has clogged the shower faucet/valve in the master bath. The repairs have been made, but there was apparently still some dip tube in the lines and the shower water pressure is decreasing again. How can we clean this out without calling a plumber? The shower faucet is a single handle control, Delta.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-01, 08:42 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
1st determine where the problems exist, take the shower head off and turn the water on, is there good flow then, if so, clean out the shower head, if you still have low flow let us know so we can talk you through the next step.

Old 06-08-01, 08:09 PM
G
Visiting Guest
low water pressure/shower

Plumber2000, thanks for your reply. I took the shower head off and the flow was still lower than it should be. I took the shower head apart and did not see any sign of any dip tube clogging it. I know when the original repairs were done, the plumber had to cut into the wall to reach the pipe that goes from the faucet up to the showerhead. I'm not sure what he did at that point, if he just replaced the valve, cleaned out the pipe, or what. What do you suggest from here? Thank you!

Old 06-08-01, 11:00 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You will need to dissassemble the valve, shut water off to house, remove stem assembly, leave apart, close door or curtain, now have someone turn water on to house for a few seconds, 5 to 20 sec, hope this will clear the pipes free of any debrie, also check the stem for debrie, if you still do not get good pressure to the valve with the stem out, then it will be in the pipes comming to the valve, and this will require a plumber to come in and check it out further for you.