Cement pad for shower

Old 06-08-01, 06:22 AM
Visiting Guest
I searched previous threads for an answer to this because I thought I saw one but I could not find it. I am installing a new shower in the basement. I have moved a drain about 18 inches and I have the 2 inch drain pipe going up to it proper location and I am ready to put in the new cement. I thought I read in a previous thread that one should not put the cement right up to the drain pipe but should have the cement around the pipe but an inch or two away so that one can easily cut the pipe to its correct length. Is this correct?

Old 06-08-01, 08:23 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Works for me.

Old 06-13-01, 04:28 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
That is correct for that reason and because you will have to connect (glue) the lower half of the shower drain to the pipe. I'm assuming this is a fiberglas or acrylic unit. The drain comes in two halves, which screw together with the shower floor between them. Buy the shower drain before you do the cement and you'll see the clearance you'll need.

Before you pour the cement, invert a coffee can or plastic container over the drain. When the cement is set, remove it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: