Leaking ball faucet

Old 06-09-01, 12:38 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
I have a leaking kitchen ball faucet from underneath the sink and from the center of the faucet mount where both water inlet pipes go in, but only when the water is turned on. I looked at a diagram of a standard ball faucet and can't figure out which washer or o-ring would be worn to cause it to leak underneath, and only when it's turned on. That is, how can the water get underneath? The black gasket for the faucet housing/mount looks fine from above.

Any suggestions be appreciated. Thanks.

Redondo Beach, CA
Old 06-09-01, 01:03 PM
Plumber2000's Avatar
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Eugene, Oregon
Posts: 5,838
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
If it is leaking at the handle area, and the water has a way to get into the body of the valve, it will find it's way to the bottom side of the valve, this causing the leak under the sink.

Either install a rebuild kit or replace the faucet with a new one.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: