Leaking toilet - with a twist

Old 06-11-01, 08:27 AM
G
Visiting Guest
Question

I have replaced the wax-ring (myself and had a plumber do it) on two separate occassions and still notice water at the base of the toilet. The toilet is a rear discharge (instead of going down, it goes out the back) and I don't see any water running down the wall from around the seal. Could the bowl itself have a crack in it? Is there an easy way to detect this? Aside from a crack or the seal, any other scenarios I should consider? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-01, 01:37 PM
G
Visiting Guest
Have you checked the tank?

Sometimes if you have moved the bowl around enough you may have losened the tank bolts and you may have a small discharge of water that seeps down around the disharge area and ends up artound the bottom of the bowl check with a small amount of toilet paper behind the seat area between the tank and the bowl itself if it is leaking the bolts may need to be tighened or youll need a new gasket between the tank and bowl or check the supply the nuts may be weeping good luck
MJ

Old 06-11-01, 01:41 PM
G
Visiting Guest
I will give this a try. Thanks for your help!

Old 06-11-01, 01:45 PM
G
Visiting Guest
let me know

give me a buz

Old 06-11-01, 06:05 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Drop some red food coloring in the tank, if you find a red water line around the tank area, then you know that were the leak comes from.