basement floor drain back-up

Old 06-12-01, 07:33 PM
Visiting Guest
When our washing machine, located in the basement of our house, reaches a "rinse" cycle, water starts to back up in our floor drain. Several times the back-up has overflowed out onto the floor. The water contains what looks like either wet black lint or perhaps some sediment. I can pour quite a bit of water directly into the floor drain and it does not back up. The washing machine discharges water into a nearby basin, which flows well and is not backed -up. I have tried using a plumbing "snake" to work through a clog, but I can't locate the pipe that accesses the floor drain well (I'm assuming its above the bottom of the floor drain well somewhere along a side).

Any suggestions for stopping the water back-up?

Old 06-12-01, 08:17 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The line needs to get a good cleaning, and not just a cable in the line, it will need full cutter blades run into it, and reamed to it's full bore, access to the drain could be from a removed p-trap or a vent maybe, I have been able to run around floor drains with cable and blades, but to do this, you need years of experiance, you might be better off calling a plumber then trying to solve this yourself.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: