locating a clog drain

Old 06-13-01, 07:29 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

There is clog in the drainage system on my second floor but I can not seem to locate it. I opened one of the upstairs walls and found the exhaust pipe which leads up to the artic. This pipe drips out water whenever water is turned on from any of the upstairs bathrooms. I tried snaking the water line pipe from the bathroom which has the slowest draining problem. The exhaust pipe is connect to this bathroom. I tried snaking the pipe from this bathroom but could not locate clog. There is about a little more than a foot of space between the upstairs floor and the downstairs ceiling. This is the space where all water, gas, eletric lines are run throughout the house. What is the best way to locate this clog without taking the whole upstairs floor apart?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-01, 05:40 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cool

Go to "Build/Remodel" above and look at the drain/waste/vent system in the Plumbing section and go to http://www.bhglive.com/homeimp/ for illustrated how-to info.
You can best unstop your d/w/vent stack by either going up on the roof and snaking it from top to bottom with a plumber's snake, or remove the upstairs toilet and snake it from there.
Good luck!